TSP’s goal is to work collaboratively with clients to create strategically focused organizations with exceptional governance practices, led by high performing boards that keep their sights squarely focused on impact.
- Proven nonprofit governance theory fused with leading industry research experience
- TSP consultants combine the tenets of Harvard University thought leaders Dr. Richard Chait, William Ryan and Barbara Taylor and their research on Governance as Leadership with data from BoardSource’s Leading with Intent, their annual state of the nonprofit sector survey.
- The governance and organizational practices we teach have been examined and validated longitudinally by many top-tier research centers including Stanford University Center on Philanthropy, University of Pennsylvania Center for High Impact Philanthropy, Indiana University Lilly School of Philanthropy.
- TSP saves organizations’ time, money and goodwill capital
- Reduce time wasted on tactics that only retain status quo (Mediocrity is Survivable)
- Explore non-traditional, wide ranging solutions to revenue, capacity and partnerships
- Assess most expedient path to ‘steady state’
- Provide real-time feedback to the board, CEO, stakeholders and investors
- Administer Board Self-Assessments
- Peer Benchmarking
- Stakeholder Focus Groups
- 360 degree and 180 degree leadership surveys
- Develop board members for effective leadership on nonprofit boards
- Developing strategic thinking and ‘problem-framing’ capabilities
- Improved communications and trust
- Board members learn how they can actually ENJOY their service
- Prepare organization for capacity building and fundraising
Unanimously and Warmly Enthusiastic
I wish you could have heard the board's comments. They were unanimously and warmly enthusiastic, saying it was the best thing we, as a board, heave ever done. You invigorated their impression of how they could serve. Suddenly, the real purpose of their presence on the board became clear and enticing.
Stretched My Thinking
Lisa, thank you so much for your time, attention and care on Saturday. Your expertise and guidance was most appreciated. You helped stretched my thinking and provided excellent advice.
Renewed Excitement About the Board
Thank you very much for hosting DEFHR’s Board strategic planning retreat last weekend. I appreciated every part of it and came away with renewed excitement about the Board as a team and the organization’s future. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in planning and leading that for us.
I highly recommend
Michael Walton Foundation hired Lisa's company to assist in areas of board development and strategic planning. Her work with us has helped to reinvigorate our board and provide solid structure for our future plans. I highly recommend Lisa for any company seeking to establish a standard of excellence for its projects.
Lisa is Exceptional
Lisa is exceptional. She worked with the DC Food Truck Association helping us to develop and implement a sponsorship program for our Curbside Cook-off events. Lisa has both great ideas and the ability to implement them. She is an exceptional communicator with high integrity. I would definitely hire her again for event support, fundraising, and strategic planning.
Lisa worked very closely with me, the President and CEO of DC Habitat for Humanity to prepare for an important Board Retreat. She was very thorough and inspiring on many fronts. The Board felt the retreat went very well and it gave them all much to think about. I would recommend Lisa without reservation. Her Board Source training and her knowledge of both Board dynamics and the needs of donors is uniquely helpful.