Senior Consultant – Governance and Strategic Planning
Linda Snell joined TSP in 2016 and brings exceptional expertise in leadership development, strategic planning and relationship marketing. In addition to being a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer (CGT), Linda is a certified Strategic Planning Professional (SPP).
Linda has designed, implemented and evaluated numerous programs in the areas of leadership, professional development, public relations, and in retail and foodservice marketing. She was a key developer of a leadership development program for producer-funded soybean groups and researched how various nonprofit organizations conduct leadership programs. Linda works successfully with leadership and boards of nonprofit organizations to develop and revise bylaws, policies and procedures and comprehensive board manuals.
In her previous role as Director, Governance and Leadership Development and Senior Strategy Consultant with LBL Strategies (Chicago), Linda co-developed and facilitated their Certificate in Nonprofit Governance program which has been successfully implemented with 30 nonprofit organizations in the arts, health care, education and social service. Linda was instrumental in developing effective performance measurement processes and implementation management with organizations along with building effective board leadership development program to increase good governance practices. She has designed, implemented and provided analysis on a Board Member Individual Self-Assessment to assist individual board members evaluate their current skills and identify needs to enhance their effectiveness as a board member. In addition she implements and conducts final analysis on BoardSource Nonprofit Board Self-Assessments.
Linda worked for the Texas Beef Council as director of industry relations and for the National Live Stock and Meat Board (later National Cattlemen's Beef Association) as the director of state and affiliate services. As a consultant, she worked with all 45 state beef councils, The Thacker Group, Demeter Communications, Lee Hecht Harrison and Agri-West International.
Linda is a graduate of Texas A&M University with both Animal Science and Agriculture Economics degrees. She has completed the Certificate Business Administration Program, University of Illinois Chicago and the Certificate in Strategic Management, Association for Strategic Planning. She is a member of the BoardSource and Association for Strategic Planning.
Linda uniquely contributes to the TSP team by:
- Diversified and strong knowledge in board leadership development, nonprofit governance, and strategy and performance management.
- Build solid relationships with client through listening and understanding their needs and then defining the solution to their needs.
- Strong facilitator
- Quick learner on new methods and products, with ability to facilitate training sessions.
- College football (especially Texas A&M and University of Iowa); Texas A&M baseball
- Excellent food. Loves to cook and find new restaurants (hole in the walls and new wave/eclectic)
- Listening to son play his classical guitar
- Travelling (US or abroad)
- Watching the sunrise at daybreak on the beach